Saturday, August 7, 2010

Prayer of a bleeding heart

I saw her weep.
The lady who is such a warm jovial humorous dynamite, I saw tears in her eyes. And that moment, I felt the unrelenting pain of a breaking heart.

No, not her heart. Mine. My heart broke seeing those honest eyes dwell with tears. I felt her pain and helplessness. She wanted to embrace a new world with honest intentions, but did not know what was going to hit her.Seeing her like that, crushed my heart into pieces.
For me, Hypocrisy of our society/family has always been a great fodder for comedy. But, when this very hypocrisy victimized one of those I had come to care about so much, I was jolted to the cruel reality of prejudice and hate!The memory of us sitting on the bed and her narrating some incidents is as fresh as morning dew in my head. The way she broke down, the way her helplessness came out through those unshed tears!
I just wish I could forget that and move on to my world of sarcasm and humor, where for every ‘right’ things happening around me, my heart offers solace in mirth. But this time, I just cannot. I just cannot laugh it off in any way! I just CANNOT.
I just wish I could lessen her pain or could rewind time and be there for her when she needed someone! But… I can’t do either.
I feel shame that people I love and care about, had roles to play in these turns of events.
I feel helpless that I could do nothing to save her from the unfair treatment she got.
I feel concerned for the people who are so caught up in the hypocritical web of the ‘society norms’ that they fail to value a good heart.

I wish I could shed some tears for this and feel better and move on, but tears and me never really understand each other. I am not fond of them and the feeling is mutual.
And therefore I know what it means when they say, Tearless grief bleeds inwardly. Whatever I wrote above is a silent prayer of a bleeding heart. Prayer to ask God to help people look beyond pride and prejudice and make this world a better place to live in.

Please God. Please. If once again those eyes fill with tears, I am scared that I will lose my strength and courage to react to the unjust, cruel society with humor. And seriously, If I lose that sense of humor, I would could on the verge of committing suicide!!

Help me God. Or, Help Her. Or, just help people love one another. But help.
Prayer of a bleeding heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment